Invest now?

Canadian Mutual Funds Discussion
sunshine

Invest now?

Postby sunshine » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Is this a good time to invest your portfolio in Mutual Funds, Money Market or wait for bigger crash?

gonzo13

Re: Invest now?

Postby gonzo13 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:07 pm

sunshine wrote:Is this a good time to invest your portfolio in Mutual Funds, Money Market or wait for bigger crash?

What exactly is Money Market and how can you tell that there will be a bigger crash?

spencer

Postby spencer » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:43 pm

I don't think we have seen the worst of the credit crisis yet. Major US and Canadian banks will have to writedown billions of dollars, and when this happen, there will be a distinct possibility for full-blown market crash, and flight to safety. In these times the only safe investment left is gold, and natural resources.

dreamy

Postby dreamy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:19 pm

spencer wrote:I don't think we have seen the worst of the credit crisis yet. Major US and Canadian banks will have to writedown billions of dollars, and when this happen, there will be a distinct possibility for full-blown market crash, and flight to safety. In these times the only safe investment left is gold, and natural resources.

I don’t know about precious metals, what if you invest in oil and future energy resources? Companies who research alternative sources of energy?

theway

Postby theway » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:44 pm

dreamy wrote:
spencer wrote:I don't think we have seen the worst of the credit crisis yet. Major US and Canadian banks will have to writedown billions of dollars, and when this happen, there will be a distinct possibility for full-blown market crash, and flight to safety. In these times the only safe investment left is gold, and natural resources.

I don’t know about precious metals, what if you invest in oil and future energy resources? Companies who research alternative sources of energy?

Well oil is going up in the long run, but is overbought right now in my opinion. Some alternative energy source companies have had quite a run in the last few years as well. I wouldn't invest in big oil companies, but in junior explorers instead. However such investments are always risky, so do your own diligence.

Return to “Mutual Funds”