Credit card debt

Discuss Canadian Credit Cards here.
gogysh

Credit card debt

Postby gogysh » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Please, share some tips on how to get our of credi card debt.

kristen

Re: Credit card debt

Postby kristen » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Oh, this is not easy, believe me. First you have to curb your spending and change your spending habits entirely. Try using your debit card instead of your credit card for small items such as groceries and clothes. Pay little by little and when you eventually pay all your credit card debt stop using credit cards. This way you will never going to have credit card debt again. ;)

spencer

Postby spencer » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:21 pm

First you have to stop accumulating debt. Then you have to start paying off the credit card with the highest interest rate. Once you've done that, move to the next card, until you are debt free. You'll have to learn to live within your means, and not buy useless stuff.

gonzo13

Postby gonzo13 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:56 pm

gogysh wrote:Please, share some tips on how to get our of credi card debt.

Well, first pay off all your bills and when you have no debt start using only debit card or cash for your purchases. Pay your bills every month in full - this is the secret of getting out of debt. It is very simple :D

mary

Postby mary » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:14 pm

You got some great tips here. I'm so glad I found this forum. I just want to ad that the bigger the debt it the longer it takes to pay it off. You can find a better job and this way you can pay it off faster...

rock

Postby rock » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:02 pm

spencer wrote:First you have to stop accumulating debt. Then you have to start paying off the credit card with the highest interest rate. Once you've done that, move to the next card, until you are debt free. You'll have to learn to live within your means, and not buy useless stuff.

I couldn't have said it better!

So many people ask for a magic pill, which can fix their credit problems. The news is, there is none!
Stop borrowing and start saving. Pay off your debt as fast as you can. This is the only way to get rid off debt.

Return to “Credit Cards”