I'm doomed but wonder if I am correct about problem

Discuss Canadian Credit Cards here.
robbow123

I'm doomed but wonder if I am correct about problem

Postby robbow123 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:47 am

:(

Since last October I have made my situation worse and worse and my longstanding psychological problems started to lay waste to my ability to think and act. The place I worked slowed down and I was making 1,000 to 1200 a month and it was getting slower and slower. No unemployment benefits

I am in Ontario and my Psychiatrist got me into the Ontario Disability Support Program

I went to a bankruptcy trustee and they said for various reasons I could not declare bankruptcy.

The money I receive each month including travel allowance totals 1104. 700 without the travel allowance. My debts are 1700 a month and gas is now 400 a month to travel to Toronto to see my Psychiatrist and other counsellors. The Niagara region has no real Mental Health help.

I have no assets of any kind.

The only advice I got was to change banks and change the phone number. I don't like that.

I was told they can't garnish my ODSP money and I have no tangible assets.

While I have made another appointment with a credit counsellor
The way I see it is I can pay my creditors as I am able.

I don't want to run away but the only course seems to me is to use the inability of the creditors to garnish my monthly amount. So that I can pay what I can and keep some so I can still get the mental help I have been getting for many years. They won't be paid on time but I will make payments and continue my life of not going anywhere or doing anything or buying new clothes or doing anything else.

If by some miracle I can find more income which the program allows I can make more payments.

But my "analysis" seems to be that while my credit score will go down and down the creditors or collection agencies can't make me give them more than I am able.

Most of them seemed to want some kind of closure even if it was bankruptcy. I can't give them that. I do feel doomed and while the creditors get nothing from my guilt and mental anguish. I pay that price. I would like the thoughts of suicide to stop. I don't see myself carrying that out. But I always have bad thoughts and now that's what they are.

Any thoughts or opinions or knowledge that my "analysis" is correct or wrong. I don't know
I am a bad person I know that. :(
Thank you

kristen

Re: I'm doomed but wonder if I am correct about problem

Postby kristen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:23 pm

I don't think somebody from this forum will be able to help you. The best thing to do is to find a better paying job...

Return to “Credit Cards”