Discuss Canadian Mortgages here.
gogysh

Canadian Credit Report

Postby gogysh » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi, Does anyone know how can I get free Canadian Credit Report? Thnx

stocks

Re: Canadian Credit Report

Postby stocks » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:09 pm

You can get a free credit report once a year I believe from each of the consumer credit bad credit bureaus. The 3 most important Canadian credit bureaus are Equifax, Trans Union and Northern Credit Bureaus. Checking your credit report regularly is a good idea, because you want to make sure you have a good credit. Your credit report affects mainly your credit, but it may also be a problem (in case if you have poor credit score/bad debt) when applying for a job.

ms.piggy

Postby ms.piggy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:55 pm

stocks wrote: Your credit report affects mainly your credit, but it may also be a problem (in case if you have poor credit score/bad debt) when applying for a job.

So are you saying employers can check your credit score?

spencer

Postby spencer » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:26 pm

ms.piggy wrote:
stocks wrote: Your credit report affects mainly your credit, but it may also be a problem (in case if you have poor credit score/bad debt) when applying for a job.

Employers usually conduct employee background check before hiring somebody. An employment background check may include a copy of your credit report. This report includes information about your credit history, however it doesn't include your credit score.

rock

Postby rock » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:22 pm

ms.piggy wrote:

No, employees can't check your credit score, but as spencer said they can check your credit history.

gogysh

Postby gogysh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks guys for all the answers. I called Equifax already.
They want me to fax them a copy of my drivers licence a letter and copy of my last credit card statement - I guess for confirmation....

stocks wrote:You can get a free credit report once a year I believe from each of the consumer credit bad credit bureaus. The 3 most important Canadian credit bureaus are Equifax, Trans Union and Northern Credit Bureaus. Checking your credit report regularly is a good idea, because you want to make sure you have a good credit. Your credit report affects mainly your credit, but it may also be a problem (in case if you have poor credit score/bad debt) when applying for a job.

rock

Postby rock » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Yes, Equifax wants to verify your identity and once they have done that they'll send you your credit report.

Return to “Mortgages”